SHFPACT identifies the importance of all health workers in promoting and supporting the sexual and reproductive health of the Canberra community as well as reducing the barriers to improved sexual and reproductive health.
SHFPACT identifies barriers to improved sexual and reproductive health as:
- the availability, accessibility and affordability of high quality health services
- the availability of workforce skills development opportunities in the community that improve the responsiveness of primary healthcare providers, and other workers and carers in the area of sexual and reproductive health
- access to accurate and appropriate knowledge and information to inform public policy and personal choices about sexual and reproductive health
- the structuring of health and community support services in ways that create separation and 'silos' that do not reflect the lived experience of sexuality, sexual and reproductive health as an interconnected whole.
To improve the availability, accessibility and affordability SHFPACT offers a ranges of services including
- Bulk billing and concessional rates
- Low cost contraceptives
- Services for people with a disability
- Services for culturally and linguistically diverse people
SHFPACT provides the availability of workforce skills development opportunities that aim to improve the responsiveness of primary healthcare providers, and other workers and carers in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
SHFPACT supports access to accurate and appropriate information through:
- Provision of SHFPACT branded information sheets
- Recommended links
- Open access to the SHFPACT library
- The sales of items through the SHFPACT Bookshop
To bridge SHFPACT and its services to the community SHFPACT offers a range of opportunities to link in with or make contact with our team.
- Become a SHFPACT member and stay updated on the work of the organisation as well as advancements in sexual and reproductive health.
- Contact a SHFPACT health professional with any of your sexual and reproductive health questions.
- SHFPACT can provide a limited quantity of health promotion resources ranging from posters and factsheets to condom packs