A GROUP PROGRAM BASED ON THE SOSAFE! FRAMEWORK DESIGNED FOR 10 TO 14 YEAR
NEXT COURSE STARTS 22 MAY 2018
ME & YOU is designed to help young people understand their bodies, emotional and social needs and relationships with other people. 'ME & YOU' also builds skills and knowledge in parents/carers to enable them to support the developmental journey of their children.
The program includes two components:
Group-based education learning focused on:
- Developing social skills
- Understanding the concept of consent
- Public and private body parts, places and behaviours
- How bodies grow and change
- Healthy and hygienic habits
- Abuse prevention
Behaviour management focused on:
- Enriching knowledge about sexual health
- Implementing the SoSAFE! framework
- Strategies to maintain appropriate behaviours
- Understanding and supporting children’s emotional and social needs
- Using relaxation techniques with children
There are five group 2 hour sessions for young people and their parents/carers including both components and three individual sessions for parents/carers to work on a behaviour management plan that meets their child’s needs.
- Starts: 22 May 11.00am to 1.00pm / 5 consecutive Tuesdays.
- Sessions: Five 2 hour group sessions plus three individual parent/carer sessions
- NDIS Categories Applicable: Increased Social and Community Participation and Improved Relationships
- Cost: NDIS $2165.27; NON-NDIS $2380.00 (GST included); Limit scholarships available