Puberty and Special Girls
Puberty and Special Girls™ is a puberty resource written for girls with special needs, including:
- Intellectual disability
- Physical disability
- Communication disorder
Puberty and Special Girls™ provides practical information about growing up and will help girls understand the changes experienced at puberty. It has simple text and colourful, fun illustrations. Age- appropriate information is presented in a friendly, inclusive manner which is ideal for girls with special needs.
This is our second puberty book for girls with special needs. It includes a more comprehensive guide to puberty than Special Girls’ Business™, including:
- A step by step guide to managing periods using pads or tampons.
- Hints on personal hygiene.
- Information needed to develop a greater understanding about puberty and sexuality.
- Strategies for coping with mood changes.
- Practical hints for parents, teachers and carers.
- Puberty and Special Girls'™ will help girls with special needs, and the important adults in their lives, to manage this stage of life with confidence.
There are two other disability puberty books in this series:
Special Girls' Business™
This is a sexuality education book for girls with special needs. It provides a practical step by step guide through the process of managing periods.
Special Boys’ Business™
Special Boys' Business™ is a useful puberty resource to use with girls so that they understand the changes that boys experience at puberty.