Me & You (disability)
A GROUP PROGRAM BASED ON THE SoSAFE! FRAMEWORK DESIGNED FOR 10 TO 14 YEARS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY AND/OR AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER AND THEIR CARERS.
ME & YOU is designed to help young people understand their bodies, their emotional and social needs, and relationships with other people. ME and YOU also builds skills and knowledge in parents/carers to enable them to support the developmental journey of the children they care for.
The program includes:
Group-based education learning for young participants focused on:
- Empowering interactions between children and their parents/carers
- Developing social skills and respectful relationships
- Understanding the concept of consent
- Identifying public and private body parts, places and behaviours
- How bodies grow and change
- Healthy and hygienic habits
- Protective behaviours to prevent abuse and stay healthy
Group based training for carers:
- Understanding and supporting children’s emotional and social needs related to puberty
- Enriching knowledge about sexual health and improving communication about sexuality with their children
- Strategies to maintain appropriate behaviours and healthy relationships
- Supporting children in controlling their emotions
The course consists of 4 x 3-hour sessions for young people and their parents/carers, and 1 x 2-hour group sessions for parents/carers.
- NDIS Categories Applicable: Increased Social and Community Participation (only)
• NDIS $1750.00
• NON-NDIS $1920.00 (GST included)
• Limited scholarships available
Price changes may occur based on the Support Item price in the NDIS price guide current at the time of course delivery
PLEASE ENQUIRE ABOUT DATES
Please note that changes may be made to course dates and mode of delivery at late notice if COVID-19 restrictions escalate. While SHFPACT will endeavour to avoid any unnecessary changes, this may be unavoidable. Every effort will be made to reschedule the course, and any affected placements or assessment, to ensure that course participants are able to complete the course in a reasonable timeframe.