Responding to COVID-19
UPDATE 15 APRIL 2020 : This information is for SHFPACT's clinic and education/training clients, as well as our members and wider community. We are regularly reviewing our approach to providing services and minimising the risks of community transmission of COVID-19. Thanks for your patience and understanding in a rapidly evolving environment.
Access ACT Health for up-to-date information about COVID-19 in the ACT
If you have any of the following symptoms of respiratory infection:
COUGH, FEVER, DIFFICULTY BREATHING OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH - contact your GP or health service by telephone for more information and support.
More information about getting tested in the ACT here http://www.covid19.act.gov.au/protecting-yourself-and-others/getting-tested
CHANGES TO SHFPACT SERVICES
On Monday 30 March, SHFPACT moved from restricted services to a partial shutdown. This means we are no longer providing face-to-face/in-person clinic appointments, counselling and group work programs, or participation in training activities.
The following appointments can be booked via Hotdoc for a phone consultation.
Sexual health services:
- STI (sexually transmissible infection) screening, when you do not have any symptoms
- Initial PrEP consultation (new clients)
- Follow up PrEP (continuing clients)
- Menopause Centre Canberra:
- Initial menopause consultations for new clients
- Follow up menopause for continuing clients
- Contraception and reproductive health services:
- Repeat contraceptive pill prescriptions for existing clients
We look forward to continuing to assist with your sexual and reproductive health needs.
EDUCATION & TRAINING PROGRAMS
- We have postponed commencement of the Well Women's Screening Course for nurses at this time. We are not able to guarantee that the clinical placement component will be completed in a timely way, and do not want participants to travel unnecessarily.
SoSAFE! User Training courses
- We have postponed most training courses, and will offer registered participants a refund or priority placement in the next available course. We do not want interstate participants to travel unnecessarily at this time, and any programs we do deliver will have very limited participants numbers to observe social distancing protocols. We are contacting registered participants directly.
Schools Education activities:
- SHFPACT will be guided by the policy and decisions of the schools who have requested services, and the ACT Education Directorate or Catholic Education office, in determining whether school-based education programs can be provided at this time. Our ability to provide a service may be affected by staffing shortages.
Community Education programs:
- We are contacting people with existing bookings to ensure that activities do not increase the risk of community transmission, and to determine the urgency of the health education need.