The group-based education program for people with Asperger’s Syndrome based on Isebelle Hénault’s The Sociosexual Education Program.
People with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) have the same sexual interests, issues and diversity as occur in the general population. However, adolescents and adults with AS are different in terms of the ability to ‘read’ and understand the subtle and complex thoughts and emotions of another person and to effectively communicate their own inner thoughts and feeling
Nice to meet is designed for people living with AS to improve the quality of their life and their intimate relationships.
The program focuses on:
- Identifying and understanding one’s emotions and the emotions of others
- Identifying values with respect to love, friendship and sexuality
- Understanding and applying the concept of consent
- Appropriate behaviours for private and public places
- Understanding of various aspects of sexual relations
- Improving communication skills
The program includes five two hour group sessions, plus two individual sessions by appointment.
In 2020 we will be running the following coursed dates
- 20 February - 9 April 2020 from 10:30 to 12:30
- 6 August - 24 September 2020 from 10:30 to 12:30
- 5 x 2 HR group sessions on a weekly basis
- 2HR individual counselling sessions by appointment.
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Avenue, Canberra City, ACT
- NDIS capped maximum cost: $1606.92
NDIS Categories Applicable: Improved Daily Living Skills.
- NON-NDIS $1770.00 (GST included)
Limited scholarships available