This Workshop is designed for:
- GP’s who wish to learn to insert IUDs
- GPs who are interested in learning more about IUDs as a contraceptive option for their patients, but intend to refer them elsewhere for insertion.
- Places will be allocated upon receipt of payment.
- Discount note: You must be a SHFPACT Professional member to be eligible for any discounts. Become a member here $60
- Please check the eligibility criteria below before applying
Participants in the SHFPACT IUD Training Course must be a Registered Medical Practitioner with at least two years postgraduate experience. Adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance is the sole responsibility of the participant.
Participants should already have:
- extensive experience in contraception consultation and counselling
- well-developed speculum and bimanual pelvic examination skills,
- have undertaken a Family Planning Certificate or Diploma of O&G or other equivalent qualification or have considerable clinical experience in contraception and gynaecology in general practice.
If you do not have the requisite skills, it is recommended that you acquire these skills before undertaking the SHFPACT IUD Training Course.
All questions below must be answered, and documentation must be supplied before your application can be considered.