Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools
The goal of Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools is to increase teachers’ skills and confidence in delivering sexuality and relationships education in schools.
As Identity, Relationships, Consent and Sexuality are focus areas in the Australia Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Australian Curriculum, 2022), teachers must deliver this content in schools.
Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools is designed to support teachers in delivering relationships and sexuality education to a high standard, fulfilling curriculum requirements and contributing to educating a generation of sexually healthy adults.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- All about Sexuality, Sexual Health and Relationships Education
- Relationships and Sexuality in the Australian Curriculum
- Overcoming barriers to effective Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Skills of effective Relationships & Sexuality Educators
- How to create a safe environment for Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Diversity (LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) & Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Practical Approaches to teaching Relationships and Sexuality
- Answering difficult questions
- Responding to emerging trends in school communities
2023 COURSE DATES
Our facilitators are happy to run this training at a school if 10 or more participants with to be trained.
Tuesday 27 June and Tuesday 29 August 2023
2023 COURSE DATES
$200 per participant.
Discounts are available if 5 or more staff members attend from one school or if a SHFPACT Organizational Membership is held by the school.
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Ave, Canberra City
Google Maps Link
This course is TQI Accredited
[Image Description: ACT TQI 2022 Accreditation Program Logo]