Nice to Meet Me (Autism Spectrum)
The group-based education program for people with Asperger’s Syndrome based on Isebelle Hénault’s The Sociosexual Education Program.
People with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) have the same sexual interests, issues and diversity as occur in the general population. However, adolescents and adults with AS are different in terms of the ability to ‘read’ and understand the subtle and complex thoughts and emotions of another person and to effectively communicate their own inner thoughts and feeling
Nice to meet is designed for people living with AS to improve the quality of their life and their intimate relationships.
The program focuses on:
- Identifying and understanding one’s emotions and the emotions of others
- Identifying values with respect to love, friendship and sexuality
- Understanding and applying the concept of consent
- Appropriate behaviours for private and public places
- Understanding of various aspects of sexual relations
- Improving communication skills
NDIS Categories applicable: Increased Social and Community Participation (only)
Please enquire about dates.
7 x 2 hour group sessions on a weekly basis plus 1 individual session prior to the group.
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Avenue, Canberra City, ACT
- NDIS cost: $1600.00 (GST included)
NDIS category: Increased Social and Community Participation
- NON-NDIS $1760.00 (GST included)
Limited scholarships available
Course cost changes may occur based on the Support Item price in the NDIS price guide current at the time of course delivery.